Thank you for your interest in being a part of this mission to assist children, youth and families in Georgia.
Our employees often discover that they have not just found a career, but a calling.
Vashti Center does not, and shall not, discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Check below to see how you can join our journey towards building healthy hearts, families, and communities.
PRN Childcare Worker
The PRN Child Care Worker must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Driver’s License. Must have at least a High School Diploma or GED and two years of direct service experience with children and families or an Associate’s degree or higher in behavioral or social science field.
The Child Care Worker will be responsible to:
- Monitor children and adolescents in daily routine and activities
- Transport children and adolescents to school and varying appointments
- Manage behavioral issues
- Document in charts, incident reports, cottage log, medication management, etc.
- Ensure cleanliness of cottage
- Attend required trainings
The PRN Child Care Worker is needed to work non-traditional hours to include 12-hour shifts, weekends, and be readily available to provide shift coverage in the event of staff call-outs or vacations
Send resume to [email protected] or The Vashti Center, 1815 E. Clay St. Thomasville, GA 31792 Attn: Tracy Howell, HR Coordinator. The Vashti Center Inc. is an EOE and a drug-free workplace.
The Vashti Center, Inc. is seeking a full time Therapist for its Clinic and Community Services Department. This position requires a Master’s degree in a Social Service Field and must be licensed eligible in the state of Georgia, as a LMFT, LPC, or LCSW. Clinical supervision will be provided to meet licensure requirements if needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides individual and family therapy as directed by consumer’s assessment and treatment plan
- Provides therapy based on evidence-based theory and approaches to best meet the needs of presenting clients
- Ensures quality documentation will be submitted in a timely manner for the purpose of meeting service and state guidelines and billing
- Develops awareness of service guidelines standards applicable to all providers of services for child/adolescent community mental health and addictive diseases.
- Complies with fiscal intermediary service timetables.
- Participates in staffing of caseload as requested which may include initiating and overseeing PRTF (Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility) or psychiatric hospitalization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of family systems and their impact on mental health within the family
- Skill in applying varies interventions with individuals/families in crisis
- Skill in working with variety of cultures
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinic staff
- Awareness of personal strengths and appropriate timing for referrals.
Send resume to or apply at The Vashti Center, 1815 E. Clay St., Thomasville, GA 31792 Attn: Tracy Howell, HR Coordinator or e-mail at [email protected] The Vashti Center Inc. is an EOE & Drug Free Work Place.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience working with children and families in a religious setting, Masters preferred. Must have completed at least one unit of clinical pastoral training or receive within one year of employment. Must be an ordained minister or on track towards completion of ordination. Preference is given to United Methodists.
The Chaplain will develop and carry out a schedule of worship experiences and lead a variety of spiritual enrichment programs by developing, planning and carrying out a process of spiritual and moral training in the Christian tradition for each child. The Chaplain will organize and supervise mentor and volunteer programs, assuring compliance with regulatory expectations. The Chaplain will also serve as a community ambassador for Vashti, as well as meet all the requirements of employment with the agency.
- Provide pastoral counseling and care for youth through establishing relationships and being present on campus
- Develop a holistic personal development/growth plan for each consumer within 7 days of entry into the RBWO program and update quarterly on an on-going basis until consumer is discharged.
- Make arrangements for youth to attend worship services in the local community by developing relationships with various denominations.
- Work cooperatively with pastors of local churches to include our youth in their programs and special activities to include vacation bible school, youth meetings, or outings.
- Organize and oversee a comprehensive mentoring program to include training to mentors and consumers.
- Lead a weekly bible study on campus for each cottage.
- Supervise and expand the church-related volunteer program, with CQI Director if maintenance related.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or agreed upon with supervisor
Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Send resume to or apply at Human Resources, The Vashti Center, 1815 E. Clay St. Thomasville, GA 31792 , or e-mail at [email protected]. The Vashti Center Inc. is an EOE & Drug Free Work Place.