Thank you for your interest in being a part of this mission to assist children, youth and families in Georgia.
Our employees often discover that they have not just found a career, but a calling.
Vashti Center does not, and shall not, discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Check below to see how you can join our journey towards building healthy hearts, families, and communities.
PRN Childcare Worker
The PRN Child Care Worker must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Driver’s License. Must have at least a High School Diploma or GED and two years of direct service experience with children and families or an Associate’s degree or higher in behavioral or social science field.
The Child Care Worker will be responsible to:
- Monitor children and adolescents in daily routine and activities
- Transport children and adolescents to school and varying appointments
- Manage behavioral issues
- Document in charts, incident reports, cottage log, medication management, etc.
- Ensure cleanliness of cottage
- Attend required trainings
The PRN Child Care Worker is needed to work non-traditional hours to include 12-hour shifts, weekends, and be readily available to provide shift coverage in the event of staff call-outs or vacations
Send resume to [email protected] or The Vashti Center, 1815 E. Clay St. Thomasville, GA 31792 Attn: Tracy Howell, HR Coordinator. The Vashti Center Inc. is an EOE and a drug-free workplace.
Contract Maintenance Staff
Minimum of one year experience in maintenance.
Demonstrated abilities in carpentry, painting, appliance installation and repair, auto maintenance and repair, plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning system. Lock & Key service and repair. Operation of lawn equipment. First Aid/CPR certification.
This employee is responsible for carrying out assigned tasks, which involve the maintenance of buildings, ground and equipment at the Vashti Center.
- Works with other members of the maintenance staff in servicing electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning equipment, and in maintenance tasks involving all agency buildings and grounds.
- Maintains Swimming pool
- Performs carpentry work.
- Performs painting task as assigned.
- Performs general cleaning as necessary and as assigned.
- Installs new equipment, appliances, and appliance and/or automotive parts.
- Maintains lawn and grounds care including seeding, mowing, weeding, trimming, general clean-up, etc.
- Communicates to supervisor the needs of the department.
- Lock & Key service and repair.
- Keeps required records
Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Send resume to or apply at Human Resources, The Vashti Center, 1815 E. Clay St. Thomasville, GA 31792 , or e-mail at [email protected]. The Vashti Center Inc. is an EOE & Drug Free Work Place.
Community Support Worker
Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a social service or helping field.
Community Support Worker is responsible for acting as the case manager for each consumer on the caseload. CSW will provide face-to-face and collateral contacts as specified on the individual’s treatment plan.
- Planning in a proactive manner to assist the child/youth and family in managing or preventing crisis situations.
- Will help youth identify strengths, which may aid him/her in achieving resilience, as well as barriers that impede the development of skills necessary for age-appropriate functioning in school, with peers, and with family.
- Will provide support to facilitate enhanced natural and age appropriate supports, i.e., will assist with connecting families with community resources such as other organizations, churches, extended family and other appropriate resources.
- Assistance in the development of interpersonal, community coping and functional skills, including adaptation to home, school and healthy social environments.
- Will assist the consumer in the acquisition of skills for the child/youth to self-recognize emotional triggers and to self-manage behaviors related to the consumers identified emotional disturbance.
- Will identify with the consumer and family risk indicators related to substance related disorder, relapse, and strategies to prevent relapse.
- Will work diligently to assist the youth from being hospilitalized or admitted into a residential facility including legal placements.
- Working with children and families to identify and assess strengths and needs.
- Maintaining oversight of services provided within and outside the agency.
- Ensure that all community-based programming complies with all applicable regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Cooperate in Continuous Quality Improvement program
- To comply with fiscal intermediary service timetables.
– An expectation amount will be set by the agency and reviewed by the supervisor.
Send resume to [email protected] or The Vashti Center, 1815 E. Clay St. Thomasville, GA 31792 Attn: Human Resources. The Vashti Center Inc. is an EOE and a drug-free workplace.